Terms & Conditions
- The Cork Marathon and Team Relay course is 26.2 miles (42.195km). The half-marathon course is 13.1 miles (21.1km). Both courses will be accredited by the AAI and the marathon course is IAAF certified. All participants must abide by the rules of these governing organisations.
- Race officials or the medical or emergency services may stop any competitor from continuing the race for medical or safety reasons.
- Unauthorised Bicycles and motorised vehicles are forbidden on the marathon course. Athletes who are aided or paced by person(s) on bicycles will be disqualified from the race. No aids such as roller or in-line skates are permitted on the course.
- Cork City Marathon operates a ‘one person, one prize’ policy. Equal prizes will be offered for male and female races. There must be at least 3 entries in a category to qualify as a prize-winning category.
- Participants for the marathon, half marathon and team relay must be 18 years of age or over on 1st June 2015.
- Participants for the Youth Team Relay must be 16 years of age or over on 1st June 2015.
- Entries will not be accepted by email or by fax.
- Each entry form must be accompanied by the appropriate fee.
- On receipt of a completed entry form and fee, participation in the 2015 Cork City Marathon is guaranteed.
- Fee concessions are available to those who are unwaged and in receipt of benefit. Concessions are only available for hard-copy entries. Please note that concession-fee entries will not be accepted without a photocopy of a valid proof of status.
- Entry fees will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- Once your entry is confirmed, it is not possible to transfer between events.
- Entry will only be deferred to 2016 on production of a valid medical certificate.
- All entrants to the marathon and half marathon must attend registration in Cork City Hall on either Saturday 30th or Sunday 31st June, to collect your race pack. At least one member from each team must also attend to collect the team's race pack.
- On receipt of your completed entry form and fee, we will process your entry and in due course send you a form confirming your entry and stating your race number. Please KEEP THIS FORM SAFE. This form must be brought to registration in order to collect your race number-bib and pack. For teams, only one member need register to collect the team pack.
- It is strongly recommended that you consult your doctor if you have any doubt about your health or fitness level. If you are not currently involved in a physical sporting activity, you should seek medical advice before entering the event.
While we don't like to bombard you with terms and conditions, we ask you to please read the following "Important Notice for All Participants". Please do read it.
Important Notice for All Participants. Entries will not be processed unless the disclaimer on the entry form is signed or the disclaimer on-line is accepted. By signing the entry form (or entering online) you accept the following:
I declare that I will be 18 years of age or over on 1st June 2015 and that I will abide by the laws and rules of the Athletics Association of Ireland (AAI). I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit to do so on the day of the race and that I accept that I will be participating entirely at my own risk. I accept that Cork City Council, its Servants or Agents, the Cork City Marathon Committee, its Members, Associates, Partners and Sponsors will not be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury whatsoever directly or indirectly occasioned by or resulting from the negligence, wrongful act or default of Cork City Council, its Servants or Agents, the Cork City Marathon committee, its Members, Associates, Partners or Sponsors, or from any other cause including an act of God or my own physical condition. I accept that the Organisers, their Sponsors and Partners will not be liable for any action, claim, costs or expenses that may arise in consequence of my participation of the event.
By signing an entry form or entering online, I give my permission to Cork City Marathon to use my name, quotes and photographic likeness and, where applicable, those of my team members for promotional and marketing purposes. (Your postal address, phone number and any medical condition you may have will not be released to any third parties.)
For Team Relay: The Team Captain must accept the above statements on her/his own behalf and on behalf of their team members. The Team Captain also undertakes to make their team members aware of the conditions of participation in the event.