Cork Sports Partnership & Cork City Council together with Cork ETB are delighted to announce the Virtual Cork City Marathon Youth Challenge for 2021. This virtual event is a team and individual event open to youth of all fitness levels. While we can’t run on the streets of Cork this year, we want young people across Cork city and county to join us in the virtual event for 2021.
What is the Cork City Marathon Youth Challenge 2021
To coincide with the Cork City Virtual Marathon, we want young people to participate in a celebration of running across the week of May 31st to June 6th. We’re looking for 1,000 young people to run, jog or walk the virtual youth challenge for 2021!
It’s a free event, but you must commit!
Complete a distance of your choice between the 31st May to 6th June:
- Full Marathon: 26miles/41k is roughly 6k a Day
- Half Marathon: 13miles/21k is roughly 3k a Day
- Relay Option: Clubs/Groups/Schools/Families have the option of completing either of the above using the Relay Format over one day if preferred.
Who is it for?
The Virtual Youth Marathon is for young people interested in running or for anyone with an interest in supporting a young person to get active through walking, jogging or running as part of the Cork City Marathon 2021. It’s for:
- Youth Projects/Groups
Registration is easy and it’s free! It’s open until May 21st BUT to avail of the following, you need to get in early:
- Goody Bags for the first 200 registered
- Support programmes available to groups, schools and individuals looking to prepare for the challenge
- Online Workshops
- Special Guest Check In (Week of May 24th)
- Fantastic Sports Prizes for Schools & Groups
- Weekly feedback & progress portal
If you’re under 18, you’ll need to get someone over 18 to enter your details as the responsible person. Further information is available in the following links:
- Download Flyer
- Download Challenge Outline
- Express your school/group/clubs interest by emailing email@example.com
- Please note registrations must be completed by Friday May 21st
- Contact Craig Harrington firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional support with registering your club/group/school or have any questions regarding the challenge.