As Cork City Marathon is organised on behalf of Cork City Council this site adheres to their Terms & Conditions
Please click here for Competition Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The Cork City Marathon course of 26.2 miles (42.2km) and the half-marathon course of 13.1 miles (21.1km) will be accredited by Athletics Ireland and the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF). Officials from Athletics Ireland will oversee compliance with the race regulations.
While we don’t like to bombard you with terms and conditions, we ask you to please read the following conditions and the disclaimer that you must agree to in order to run with us next June.
- Participants in the marathon, half marathon must be 18 years old or over on race day. Participants in the 10K and youth challenge must be 15 years or older on race day.
- The closing date for entries is Thursday 1st June 2023.
- Registration has to be done online.
- Entries will not be accepted by post, email or by fax.
- Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate fee.
- Your entry fee is not refundable. This includes repeat bookings. Please check your emails and your Eventmaster account to make sure you haven’t booked already before making your booking.
- Transfers between categories are allowed once and have to be done before April 14th, 2023. If your booking has been transferred from a previous year to 2023, further transfers are not possible. Any bookings placed in 2023 can be changed by the participant in their Eventmaster account.
- In general, your entry cannot be transferred to another person. However, we do offer this option to people who transfer their entry to a family member or close friend. This option must be self-managed and Cork City Marathon cannot assist with troubleshooting when availing of this option. We recommend finding further information under ‘FAQs – Can I transfer my booking to someone else?’
- Entries cannot be deferred. The only exception would be due to injury and on submission of a medical cert at least 2 weeks prior to race day for consideration by the marathon team. In this case, entries can only be deferred once. Any applications for medical deferral consideration have to be applied for here (submissions by email will not be considered).
- When you complete your entry online, you’ll receive emailed confirmation from Event Master. The confirmation email will contain a link to your registration e-ticket. You’ll need to bring a copy of that (either printed or on your smart device) to Registration.
- Whether you are entering the Marathon, the Half Marathon, or the 10K, it is strongly recommended that you consult your doctor if you have any doubts about your health or fitness. If you are not currently involved in a physical sporting activity, you should seek medical advice before entering.
- No participant may bring baby joggers, prams, baby strollers, buggies, skateboards, rollerskates, rollerblades, hand cycles, unicycles, bicycles or any other wheeled device on the course, except for wheelchairs. The rarest of exceptions may be given to those with specialist running buggies, who are fundraising for a charity, or those who have had a long-running tradition of partaking in the Cork City Marathon. These rare exceptions are at the discretion of the Race Team and they must be contacted in advance (4 weeks minimum) on email@example.com for permission.
Cork City Marathon Team does not have the capacity to respond to every application received and will follow up only with those applications who have been successful in their application.
Once your entry is confirmed, participation in the Cork City Marathon is guaranteed. However, you must attend REGISTRATION in Cork City Hall on either Friday 2nd June (12pm-7pm) or Saturday 3rd June (11am–6pm) to collect your race pack.
- By choosing a concession ticket you are confirming that you are in receipt of benefit as outlined below. You may be asked to produce proof of social welfare status. If you fail to produce proof your registration will be canceled and no refund will be issued.
- Concession fees are offered for full-time students and those in receipt of benefit, including:
- Persons on disability pension & dependent spouses.
- Persons in receipt of carer’s allowance.
- Persons in receipt of a State pension.
- Unemployed persons, persons on disability benefit and dependent spouses.
- Lone parents.
- Asylum seekers.
- Students over 18 in full-time education.
- Unauthorised bicycles and motorized vehicles are forbidden on the courses.
- There are no non-race participants (spectators or children) on the course allowed at any time with the runners.
- Hand Bikes are not allowed to participate in the race.
- Athletes who are aided or paced by persons on bicycles will be disqualified from the race.
- No aids such as roller- or in-line skates are permitted on the courses.
- Race officials or the medical or emergency services may stop any competitor from continuing the race for medical or safety reasons.
- There’s an official 6-hour limit on the course. After that, the Gardaí will begin to re-open all roads to traffic. If you’re on the marathon course after 6 hours, you may be asked to move onto the footpaths to complete your race. In that case, you must obey the normal rules of the road. Within reason, the finish line will stay in place until everybody’s across.
- Apart from the finish line, there are two time-critical points on the marathon course: 1) you must be through the Jack Lynch Tunnel 2 hours after the start; 2) you must be off the South Link Road (N27) 3.5 hours after the start.
- Electronic timing chips will be used for all marathon, half-marathon and 10K participants. Your official time will be starting-gun-to-chip.
- We operate a ‘one person, one prize’ policy, so if you win a prize in more than one category you’ll be awarded the prize of the greater amount.
- Equal prizes will be offered for male and female races.
- There must be at least three entries in a category to qualify as a prize-winning category.
Important Notice for All Participants. Entries will not be processed unless the disclaimer online is accepted.
I declare that I will be 18 years of age or over on 4th June 2023 and that I will abide by the laws and rules of the Athletics Association of Ireland (AAI). I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit to do so on the day of the race. I understand the demanding physical nature of the event and accept that I will be participating entirely at my own risk. I accept that Cork City Council, its Servants or Agents, Davis Events Agency, the Cork City Marathon Committee, its Members, Associates, Partners and Sponsors will not be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury whatsoever directly or indirectly occasioned by or resulting from my participation in the marathon or any of the other races. I accept that the Organisers, their Sponsors and Partners will not be liable for any action, claim, costs or expenses that may arise in consequence of my participation in the event.
By signing this form, or accepting the statement online, I also give my permission to Cork City Marathon to use my photographic image (and those of my team members) for promotional and marketing purposes for the marathon.
I have read the terms and conditions of entry and agree to abide by them.
For those under 18 participating, a parent or guardian must read these terms and conditions of entry and agree on behalf of their child to abide by them.
Terms & Conditions for competitions run by Cork City Marathon
- Accommodation is subject to availability and restriction dates may apply
- Offer is applicable to accommodation only at The River Lee Hotel in Cork
- Complimentary accommodation not valid during peak periods
- The offer is not redeemable for cash and is non-transferable
- The complimentary accommodation offer is valid for bookings after June 7th, 2022 and for one year from the issue date
- The complimentary accommodation offer is applicable to 1 over-night stay in a double room sleeping up to 2 persons
- Accommodation must be booked at least four weeks in advance of the arrival date
- The voucher will be posted to the winner after the race and the voucher will state full terms & conditions
- The winner will be contacted at the e-mail address that is provided with the registration
- The organisers’ decision is final and legal recourse is excluded for all participants